Brighten your April 15th – Tax Day with some of these freebies and discounts for tax season 2010.
Free coffee and treats
- CINNABON: Get two free bite-sized cupcakes from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday at participating mall locations as part of “Tax Day Bites!” Flavors include Chocolate Passion, 24-Carrot Cake, Vanilla Bliss and Cinnacake Classic.
- MAGGIEMOO’S: Get one free slice of ice cream pizza — ice cream with red frosting to look like sauce and white chocolate to look like cheese — at participating locations from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday.
- Dairy Queen: Dairy Queen will make a “symbolic gesture” today by giving away its new Mini Blizzards, from its “Blizzardmobile” from noon to 1 p.m. outside the Washington, D.C., office of the IRS, says Michael Keller, chief brand officer.
- STARBUCKS: Get free brewed coffee all day Thursday if you bring your own mug, a promotion the cafe chain says is friendly to the environment as well as taxpayers.
- BOSTON MARKET: For a “last-minute tax break” — one free meal for each one you buy Thursday through Sunday — show this coupon.
- IHOP: Expanding on the tax deduction parents get for kids, the restaurant chain is offering free dinner for one child age 12 or younger with each adult meal purchased 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. all month long.
- MCCORMICK & SCHMICK’S: The seafood restaurant is offering $10.40 dinner and drink specials in the bar on Thursday — a nod to the 1040 tax form. Bar guests who come in April 15 also receive a $10.40 gift certificate for a later visit. And professional tax preparers, who may have to work right until the midnight deadline Thursday, get their freebie Friday: dessert on the house plus a $10.40 certificate if they show a business card.
- P.F. CHANG’S: Get 15 percent off food purchases for dine-in or take-out, excluding alcohol and happy hour food and beverages.
- HYDROMASSAGE: Get a free massage Thursday through Sunday at participating locations. The mall-based massage chain suggests calling ahead to book an appointment. Find a location here.