Currently loving and dancing to this house remix of Loren Allred’s Never Enough from The Greatest Showman. This is the VMC Epic Remix and it’s appropriately titled, it’s an epic house banger!
It’s that time of year, when DJs pull together their mashups of the best music hits. One of my favorites always comes from DJ Earworm. For over a decade – this is his 11th annual mashup – he’s pulled together the top 25 songs into a catchy pop remix. Check out this year’s mashup, “United State of Pop 2017 (How We Do It)”.
Another year has come to a close and one of the best parts of wrapping up a year are all of the music hit mashups that remixers have pulled together. I always love the remixes by Robin Skouteris and DJ Earworm. If you haven’t heard their work, you’re in for a treat. I’ve included their 2016 mashups below along with some others that I’ve found and enjoy. Take a moment to reflect on some of the best pop songs of 2016. Enjoy!
PopLove 5 – Mashup of 2016 – Robin Skouteris
DJ Earworm Mashup – United State of Pop 2016 (Into Pieces)
Squiller – 2016 Anthem
As we enter December it’s time for retrospectives of the past year. A particular “year in review” that I always look forward to is DJ Earworm’s United States of Pop. His 2014 United States of Pop is titled Do What You Wanna Do. This annual collection is a mashup of the 25 biggest hits during 2014 in the U.S. as determined by Billboard’s weekly Hot 100 charts.
I am in love with the current Oreo ad campaign “Wonderfilled”. It is fun, fresh, playful, and actually encouraged me to look up “Wonderfilled” and learn more about America’s favorite sandwich cookie. (Wait, what are all these new flavors!?) Could it be that advertising and marketing have actually done their job? Indeed, it is possible!
I stream my favorite television programs and get my commercials during the 60-90 second breaks on Hulu and network streaming websites/apps. Recently, I’ve seen many spots for Oreo, all featuring a fun, upbeat song about Oreo and their new flavors. Turns out, the song in this 30 second spot is sung by Tegan & Sara, Indie-pop artists whom I do love. Not only is the ad catchy, but Oreo has a SoundCloud page where you can download many different versions of “Wonderfilled” – genius!
I’ve perused the Oreo “Wonderfilled” website, their YouTube and SoundCloud sites, and learned more about the new flavors. Hello, Cookie Dough and Marshmallow Crispy! I’ve even downloaded (and will be enjoying) Tegan & Sara’s version of “Wonderfilled” (yes, I know it’s a commerical, but it’s a fun and uplifting song). I love how this Oreo campaign breaths life into one of the classic modern American cookies. It reminds me of how much I really do love Oreo, while also compelling me to try a new flavor or two.
Will I look at Oreo differently when I go grocery shopping? Absolutely. I’ll linger in that aisle and might pick up a package or three. Good job, Oreo and The Martin Agency (responsible for the “Wonderfilled” campaign), I have been reminded of the fun and deliciousness of Oreo and perhaps I’ll even greet the world with a new sense of wonder and awe.
Tegan & Sara’s “Wonderfilled” spot – Dare to Wonder:
Jimmy Fallon’s “Tonight Show” team put Brian Williams and a couple of his pals (Lester Holt and Kathie Lee) into “Rapper’s Delight,” the 1979 classic by the Sugar Hill Gang. Watch Brian rap – extremely well, I might add – below.
After over 180 hours of work, Daniel Kim has released his Pop Danthology 2013, a mashup of 68 of 2013’s hottest songs into a 5:40 video. Relive 2013’s greatest hits with Pop Danthology 2013:
(In alphabetical order by artist)
- Anna Kendrick – “Cups (When I’m Gone)”
- Armin van Buuren feat. Trevor Guthrie – “This Is What It Feels Like”
- A$AP Rocky feat. Skrillex, Birdy Nam Nam – “Wild For The Night”
- Avicii – “Wake Me Up”
- Avril Lavigne – “Here’s To Never Growing Up”
- Bastille – “Pompeii”
- Bauuer – “Harlem Shake”
- Bingo Players feat. Far East Movement – “Get Up (Rattle)”
- Britney Spears – “Ooh La La”
- Britney Spears – “Work B**tch”
- Bruno Mars – “Locked Out Of Heaven”
- Bruno Mars – “Treasure”
- Bruno Mars – “When I Was Your Man”
- Calvin Harris feat. Ayah Marar – “Thinking About You”
- Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding – “I Need Your Love”
- Capital Cities – “Safe And Sound”
- Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams – “Get Lucky”
- Demi Lovato – “Heart Attack”
- Drake feat. Majid Jordan – “Hold On, We’re Going Home”
- Drake – “Started From The Bottom”
- Ellie Goulding – “Burn”
- Icona Pop feat. Charli XCX – “I Love It (I Don’t Care)”
- Imagine Dragons – Demons
- Jason Derulo – “The Other Side”
- Jay-Z feat. Justin Timberlake – “Holy Grail”
- Justin Timberlake – “Mirrors”
- Justin Timberlake feat. Jay-Z – “Suit & Tie”
- Katy Perry – “Roar”
- Kelly Clarkson – “Catch My Breath”
- Ke$ha – “C’mon”
- Ke$ha feat. will.i.am – “Crazy Kids”
- Krewella – “Alive”
- Lady Gaga – “Applause”
- Lana Del Rey – “Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Remix)”
- Lorde – “Royals”
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Mary Lambert – “Same Love”
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton – “Can’t Hold Us”
- Maroon 5 – “Daylight”
- Maroon 5 – “Love Somebody”
- Martin Garrix – “Animals”
- Martin Solveig & The Cataracs feat. Kyle – “Hey Now”
- Miley Cyrus – “We Can’t Stop”
- Miley Cyrus – “Wrecking Ball”
- Naughty Boy feat. Sam Smith – “La La La”
- One Direction – “Best Song Ever”
- One Direction – “Story Of My Life”
- OneRepublic – “Counting Stars”
- OneRepublic – “If I Lose Myself”
- Passenger – “Let Her Go”
- P!nk feat. Nate Ruess – “Just Give Me A Reason”
- Pitbull feat. Christina Aguilera – “Feel This Moment”
- Pitbull feat. Ke$ha – “Timber”
- Pitbull feat. TJR – “Don’t Stop The Party”
- PSY – “Gentleman”
- Rihanna – “Pour It Up”
- Rihanna feat. David Guetta – “Right Now”
- Rihanna feat. Mikky Ekko – “Stay”
- Robin Thicke feat. Kendrick Lamar – “Give It 2 U”
- Robin Thicke feat. T.I., Pharrell Williams – “Blurred Lines”
- Selena Gomez – “Come & Get It”
- Selena Gomez – “Slow Down”
- Taylor Swift – “22”
- Taylor Swift – “I Knew You Were Trouble”
- will.i.am feat. Britney Spears – “Scream & Shout”
- will.i.am feat. Justin Bieber – “#thatPOWER”
- Ylvis – “The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?)”
- Zedd feat. Foxes – “Clarity”
- Zedd feat. Hayley Williams – “Stay The Night”
Get more information on Pop Danthology 2013 (including the process that goes into making a Danthology as well as download the mp3 from this year as well as previous year’s mashups) here.
Many times we tune out commercials and the products/services that they’re advertising and pushing us to consume. Sometimes a company and/or their advertising agency creates a commercial that is moving and causes us to feel something during the clip. While the emotion may not have anything to do with the product, the commercials below are quite moving and I applaud the agency and companies for such excellent ads.
Enjoy these with a bit of caution – you may need to stop cutting onions. Seriously. 🙂
Brilliant Thai Pantene television commercial. The story of a deaf and mute girl who learns to play the violin against all odds. The product isn’t revealed until the end, but now knowing that it’s for Pantene, it makes that her long, beautiful hair was whipping and blowing in the wind inside the concert hall. The use of Pachelbel’s Canon throughout the spot was brilliant.
The Thai telecommunications conglomerate True is getting rave reviews worldwide for its latest spot, “Giving,” which tells the story of a man unexpectedly rewarded for a lifetime of good deeds he performed without expecting anything in return.
TC Bank- Dream Rangers – Created by Ogilvy Taiwan, this three minute spot shows a group of friends in their 80s, who return to riding their motorcycles for a cherished spot and relive the memories of kinship and experience an active life. They are living!
Best Job in the World – P&G London 2012 Olympic Games – Wieden & Kennedy won its fourth straight commercial Emmy Award, this time for its heartstring-tugging, mom-centered “Best Job” work for Procter & Gamble, created out of Anonymous Content and directed by Alejandro Gonzalez-Innaritu.
Do you remember in the days before digital music and MP3 players? The days of mix tape collections of music? If you miss making mix tapes the Mix Tape USB will give you back that nostalgic feeling with a modern twist.
The Mix Tape USB Stick is a 1GB USB memory stick that can store up to 900 minutes of digital music. Create your own mixes, write the playlist on the cover, and give to a friend or keep for yourself.
Grab one at SuckUK.